Six Simple Steps to Save Our Home.
Here is an excerpt from an open letter from Bill Gates and his views on the Corona Virus: “It is reminding us that this Earth is sick. It is reminding us that we need to look at the rate of deforestation just as urgently as we look at the speed at which toilet rolls are disappearing of shelves. WE ARE SICK BECAUSE OUR HOME (EARTH) IS SICK.
These simple steps are so easy for you to take everyday to nurture our sick earth back to health.
Six Easy Steps You Can Take to Save Our Home (Earth).
- Do not use plastic straws instead, use no straws or sip your drinks from bio-degradable paper straws. Read about how to dispose of your straws here.
- When you go grocery shopping, bring your own paper bags in the car. When you check out, refuse the bags. Instead, put all your items back in your shopping cart and roll it to your car, and transfer your products into your own bags that you brought.
- When you order take-out food, ask the restaurant if they package their food in bio-degradable containers. Customers have the power to change old habits into new ones in businesses.
- Are your grocery bags stacking up in your home? Use paper bags as a base for your creative projects.
- Know your recycling and composting procedures. Learn how to recycle everything in your home. Here’s how.
- When you dispose of your face masks, make sure to cut the loops off of the masks. This simple act will save the sea mammals and land animals from getting caught up in the loops.
I know that many of you know more than I do in this area. I would love it if you can be so kind as to share with us what simple acts you are doing to save our earth. Let’s do this together!
News from the Artful Giving Community
We are painting, cutting, and designing precious art projects using brown grocery bags. Take a look at Piper’s imaginative creation. I am proud to have these beautiful and mindful members who joined me and are creating small art treasures in our membership program. Self-care is a big part of this community. Painting and cutting like how kids do it is definitely fun and brings us joy!